Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Pair of ParanormYA Realms

When it comes to the paranormal, it's no surprise there are different realms of existence.  Think back to Ghost (if you haven't seen it, what are you waiting for?!?!?).  Patrick Swayze's character remains earthbound after a traumatic incident removes him from his physical form.  Whoopie Goldberg's character, much like our resident ghost whisperer, Indigo Eady from GIVIN' UP THE GHOST, has the ability to hear those spiritual beings who've yet to traverse over.  Unlike Whoopie, Indigo has the added privilege - or curse, depending on your perspective - to see these forms as well.  Talk about disturbing images.

But there's more to spirits than being stuck in the living world.  Some go elsewhere.  In NEVERLOVE, the place lost souls go to is called the Withers.  Let's just say it's not a place to write home to your parents about.  Some may equate the Withers to Purgatory.  But unlike the movie, the Withers is always changing.  And those battling it out are Cleansers and Harvestors, an extended "dislike" that can't be helped between heaven and hell.

Have you ever had an experience of the paranormal kind?  Maybe some earthbound spirit trying to reach out to you?

6 comments:

  1. lots of coincidences have happened to me, but no clairvoyence... i'm too much of a realist i think. but i love tarot readings and horoscopes =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool. I haven't had a tarot reading before but I lucked out on an awesome steampunk Tarot card set from one of my fave blogspots, Raelyn Barclay.

      Delete
  2. I haven't actually seen a ghost, but my daughter and I were sitting on the porch one night when the shadow of a human form passed through the porch light. We turned and looked at each other, both saying, "did you see that?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever had had any experiences like that (which is probably a good thing--I'm a total wuss!). Love the book's take on them though, sounds like they're going to be great reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meradeth, I'm a wuss, too. I think I'd be all right if I was with someone else, though. Wouldn't want to face a spook on my own:)

      Delete

Comments from ghouls, demons and angelic beings are nice. But we love hearing from the living most of all :-)